The Spider is a USB (V2.0), PCI card intended for use with the Mediator series of busboards and requires at least an 030. It has been suggested that it is a re-badged NEC card, however Elbox say this is not the case. The card has the following features:
- NEC uPD720100A chipset
- Four external and one internal USB 2.0 Hi-Speed ports
- Compatible with both USB 2.0 (480 Mbps) and USB 1.1 (12 Mbps) devices
- Compliant with EHCI, OHCI and PCI 2.2 standards
- All ports can handle high-speed, full-speed and low-speed transaction
- One EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface) and two independent OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface) controllers integrated
- Supports up to 127 downstream USB devices
- Supplies 500 mA power to each USB port
- Supports PCI-Bus Power Management Interface
- Hot Plug Capability
The Spider USB 2.0 Hi-Speed card is compatible with all USB devices compliant with USB 2.0 standard and with all devices compliant with USB 1.1 standard. The software support for a particular USB device is provided by appropriate Poseidon class driver. All USB devices tested with Poseidon stack work with Spider. The complete list of tested models of the USB devices (hubs, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, ZIPs, HDDs, CDROM drivers and others) will be available in the Spider USB Devices Guide.
Parts of this page are (C) Elbox and are used with permission for inclusion in "The Big Book of Amiga Hardware"
Thanks to Elbox.